Why Protect Your Garage and Porch With An Epoxy Concrete Coating?
The main reasons to Epoxy Coat your concrete are:
- Preventing hairline cracks due to water expansion during freeze/thaw cycles.
- Prevent water penetration and seepage of water through walls and foundations.
- Drastically enhances the appearance.
- Prevent damage from deicing salts during winter months.
- Provide protection from “Pitting” or “Spalling” or deterioration of the concrete, causing chunks of the concrete to separate from the concrete structure.
- Easier to Clean and Maintain the surface.
Concrete Epoxy Floor Coating Reviews
Not all Epoxy Coatings are made the same. Epoxy coatings come in both water-based (watered down) and 100% solid resin-based formulas. The generic water-based formulas are sold at big box stores and the high-end 100% solid epoxy coatings are sold by individual concrete coating manufacturers that specialize in making these coatings.
Brands such as Rust-Oleum, Valspar, Quickcrete, and Epoxy Shield have a short life span and wear/peel in a short period of time. The Best Epoxy High-End Coatings are 100% solid, high build garage floor resin-based coatings that undergo a chemical reaction that results in a thick coating, tightly bonded to the prepared surface. The 100% solids Resin-Based Epoxy Coatings are what we use as contractors and are what any quality professional will use because of the long-lasting durability.